The "Weigh" It Goes

So going to my Weight Watchers meeting I had already mentally prepared for the train wreck on the scale I was sure was coming.  I had been flittering around on my own (off plan) for a month, I had forgotten to eat Saturday, and then had a large meal and cupcakes on Sunday. I was certainly expecting the worst. I am up 0.5 lbs from my last weigh in.
Being prepared for this did not make it suck any less though. On one hand I was excited to learn that when the maintenance phase comes it seems like I will be pretty good at that. On the other hand I feel like I have wasted a month. But, what is done is done. It is now time to move forward with some things.

First, today marked my return to weekly weigh-ins. Every Monday I will be weighing, attending Weight Watchers meetings, and tracking my progress here. I am currently working toward a 35 pound summer loss.Right now that future goal is not looking so bright but I am going to give it my best shot.

Next, today marks day one of my Disney Wine and Dine half marathon training. I am so incredibly excited to be training again. The Disney Princess ½ marathon was a life-changing event for me so I am so excited for this new challenge. I have had a couple of readers ask for my training schedule so they can do some similar workouts. I will be using Monday’s to post the week’s schedule for anyone who would like to join in. I love getting emails/messages from readers so let me know if you are doing the workouts and how they are going for you!

• Week 1: Monday Rest
  • Tuesday: Run 2 Miles
  • Wednesday: Cross Train (I will be doing a 5 mile bike this week)
  • Thursday: Run 2.5 Miles
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 3 miles (this is the “long run” day where mileage will get progressively longer as we move forward.
  • Sunday: Rest OR Gentle Run/Walk OR Gentle Cross Train (I suggest doing something on this day to stretch out your muscles from Saturday’s run)

Also, I have some long overdue product reviews that will be going up soon (and some fun giveaways). I also hope to try some cool new products during the training process. During my first half marathon I had no idea what I was doing or what I needed to help the running experience along. Now that I have an idea I am excited to share some products with you. My first experiment is going to be a high-density foam roller. I have read they work wonders. We shall see! 🙂

Lastly, the fun changes to the blog are finally in the works and will be up and running by late August! I am so excited for the changes and I can’t wait to share them with you.

So with all of that said here is a super quick rundown of my Monday “Eats”:

Cereal and V8 Fusion

a banana

Left Over Chicken Salad Sammie w lots of tomato

Apple Slices

Broccoli, Spinach, and Mushroom Casserole w/ fresh Corn

This recipe is very simple. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet add olive oil and cook 1 lb of ground beef (lean) or ground turkey, 10 o of frozen spinach (thawed), 10 oz of frozen broccoli (thawed), 1 onion finely diced, 1/2 lb of sliced or diced mushrooms, garlic (to taste), oregano (to taste), salt and pepper. Once this is cooked drain all excess water. Combine this mixture with 1 cup fat free sour cream, 1 can of fat free cream of celery soup and 1/2 cup of DRY uncooked instant brown rice. Add the mixture to a casserole dish, top with 2% motzerella and bake for 20 minutes uncovered. It makes a TON of food and its jam packed with veggies.

Have a Happy And Healthy Monday!

9 comments

1. Casie says:

On the foam roller: One of those pool noodles works 95 percent as well and costs about $1/roller. A Runner’s Market foam roller will set you back $25-30/roller. You can get a whole one and cut it into thirds. I swear by the hamstring and hip rolls. It’s kept me injury free this summer.

Good luck! That cross training on the bike will make a world of difference in how quickly you gain both stamina and speed, as will your long runs. Is this a form of the Hal Higdon plan?

• runninginpinkproject says:

Good tip on the pool noodles. I was actually sent a foam roller to review for the blog and I think it’s a really good one from the reading I’ve done so Im excited. I’ve never used one but I heard everyone raving about them during my last training.

The plan I am on, I nabbed from a Team In Training member. I was set on having a couple of cross training days to keep me from getting burnt out and hurting myself. The last training I did focused on the run days only and gave no guidance for the off days so Im extra excited to start today.

In conjunction with that (during these less mileage days) I am going to be working on my intervals as well so I can get faster and go further. It’s going to be a hard but great 10 weeks and hopefully it will get those pounds coming off again. I have a lot left to lose.

2. Casie says:

PPS: If you get stuck between 5-10 on your bike (and it happens, since that’s the base building period), I’d measure time over miles. Like, if it took you 30 minutes to go 5 miles, go out for 40 minutes next time, no matter how FAR you go. Then 50. You get it. That way, you’re building incremental endurance. It’s kind of like the 10 percent rule for long runs: You increase your run 10 percent per week (from 3 this week, 3.3 next week–or round up to 3.5–and then round up to 4.0) but you hold on week 3, so you’d increase week 1, week 2, hold week 3. Increase week 4, week 5, hold week 6. That periodization allows you time to recover before building on the next block, preventing injury and exhaustion. (I don’t remember if Higdon’s plan followed that sort of periodization, but I’ve used it very successfully.) Anyway, biking by time not mileage does the same sort of thing. And sometimes, you lose track of the time and stay out longer than you mean to. “Sightseeing” rides do that for me. We set out with the camera to hit a few landmarks, historical places, whatever, and all of a sudden, we’ve covered miles and time. I like those workouts that don’t really feel like workouts.

• runninginpinkproject says:

That is a good tip. Right now Im just pleased to make it 5. Im going to concentrate on getting that 5 done solid and strong over the next 2-3 weeks and then start working on distance/time out. Right now I am not super steady and I tend to want to ride toward oncoming people. Its not good. 😀 Bryan told me I just need to not look at them. That seems to be helping.

3. Ms. Moran says:

You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. You went back to your meetings and you are actually excited about exercising. These are huge accomplishments. I’m struggling with the exercise thing right now, so i envy you having such an interesting goal. Good luck.

• runninginpinkproject says:

Thanks! And thanks for stopping by and reading. I do tend to be pretty hard on myself sometimes. I think focusing on the training and less on the weight loss will help with that.

4. Casie says:

Yeah, it’s weird how when you’re on a bike, you have the urge to look at the things you don’t want to hit. The key is to look just beyond or to pick a line (a path for your bike) and follow that with your eyes. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve crashed or almost crashed because I couldn’t stop looking at a rock or root or whatever. Jason kept saying, “Just look where you want to go, not where you don’t want to go.” It’s funny how the body follows the eyes that way. Once you ride a few times, it’ll get easier. I still get sketched out riding downtown, though, because people are unpredictable. I also hate hate hate riding between the wall and the big dumb planters.

Getting 5 miles solid is a good idea. Lots of people try to jump up real fast in mileage, end up hurt, and never ride again. I have at least one ride a week were my only goal is to get on and have fun. Wear a little backpack. Take a camera. That sort of thing.

For the sore bum, I can only say: padded shorts and it gets easier. Your tissues toughen up. That’s as nice as I can put it.

How jealous that you scored a free roller! Well DONE! And awesome that you’re returning to meetings. You know your body best and what’s best for it. Yay, training! (I’m working on a training blog right now, but it’s more about how I had to train to train. It’s an odd process, isn’t it?)

5. Chris says:

Hey there friend. Dont let yourself be disheartened by the loss of loss. Bear in mind, muscle weighs more than fat, so while your may have been .5lbs higher on the scale, you have more than likely lost fat and gained muscle weight. Even if that isnt the case, youre trying, youre determined and youre putting forth the effort. That goes a long way. I seem to recall a rather intelligent, and sassy, friend telling me to be patient and let it happen… follow your own advice and keep your chin up. See you guys on Saturday. <3

• runninginpinkproject says:

Thanks Chris. 🙂 That friend of yours is pretty awesome I should probably listen to her more. 😉 We are looking forward to Saturday for sure! In this weather swimming is the best!

Comments are closed.